This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 60
· Members: 0
· Total: 60

Spaceempires.net :: Star Fury Ships... :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Star Fury Ships...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Star Fury Ships... Reply with quote

I've e-mailed a request to Aaron for me to share a bit more information about creating new ships for Star Fury and the things you'll need to keep in mind for them to work well in the game. Nothing too indepth, but enough to give you a head start!

Sound interesting to you? Feel free to post some questions here in advance, and if I can answer them - I will. Razz

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure that currently Starfury is the only way to test models for SEV. My question is what files and how do you import them into Starfury...? Or is there another program I can use to test the .X files....?

Kana

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of programs that can export .x files (such as Doga, Metasequoia, 3dmax, etc) but not so many that can just view the .x files.

I downloaded MS directx SDK package, which is fairly big, but only installed the utilities which has a viewer and some sort of texture application as well.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a shareware program called MeshX which does a good job of displaying DirectX files... it claims to be a modeller of some sort as well but I dont' think so Razz
http://www.spinnerbaker.com/meshx.htm

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I've used MeshX before during the beta on SF! I knew I had used a program before but couldn't remember what the heck it was! Shocked

From what I can remember it wasn't so good for modelling, but did have an optimization routine and rotation things that I used to orient models for SF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: