This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 61
· Members: 0
· Total: 61

Spaceempires.net :: Having a little difficulty with StarFury>Homefront... :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Having a little difficulty with StarFury>Homefront...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastalouist
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Having a little difficulty with StarFury>Homefront... Reply with quote

I've started playing SF recently, and aside from the stop-and-go gameplay and a tendancy for ships to collide, it's been pretty good. However, when playing through Homefront, I've run into a mission where I am protecting a pirate starbase from a second faction of pirates. The problem is the starbase I am to protect also targets me, and tends to rip me apart. Is there something I am missing, or do I just have to hope to pick off the attacking pirates from the outside?

Any help would be great
Thanks.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you carrying any illegal cargo? If so, dropping that should cause it to stop attacking you.

Smarter than your average Texrak.

Rowser
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly the station in question didn't start firing at me until I defeated the other pirate group. Nice thanks I got for saving their butts.

I'd try to load a game from before you got this mission if at all possible.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colour is the space station on your radar, red for enemy or blue for friendly?

Did you accidently hit the station with a torpedo volley?

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

douglas
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowser wrote:
If I remember correctly the station in question didn't start firing at me until I defeated the other pirate group. Nice thanks I got for saving their butts.

You probably picked up some illegal cargo from what the enemy pirates dropped. Jettison it and the starbase will stop shooting at you, at least if you haven't returned fire yet. I'm not sure what it would do if you shoot back before getting rid of the illegal stuff.

Not that it makes any sense for a pirate starbase to object to anyone carrying illegal goods, but that's how the game works.

mastalouist
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. It may very well have been the illegal cargo, as playing through a second time the base didn't target me until I started picking up the dropped components (Ilegal cargo mixxed in). Though it does indeed seem odd that a pirate station would attack you for carrying it... As for its color on radar, all the ships show up as red for me, including terran vessals and starbases, and even my own torps.

Thanks again everyone!

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The starbase is technically a Terran base during that mission, so it regards illegal cargo like the TCN does.

Smarter than your average Texrak.

ChallengeSpaceYard
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mastalouist wrote:
... as for its color on radar, all the ships show up as red for me, including terran vessals and starbases, and even my own torps.

Thanks again everyone!

The Radar System might have been set to entire system, try hitting "R" or some other key you configured it to to switch radar range. Then it should display it. Hope nothing else out of place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: