This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 72
· Members: 0
· Total: 72

Spaceempires.net :: In regards to SF multi-player...... :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

In regards to SF multi-player......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pimple
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: In regards to SF multi-player...... Reply with quote

I enjoy playing SF. I have recently had a taste of multi-player online game for the first time and the game was WarCraft.

Now I can easily imagine Star Fury being taken to that level where each player has a ship...in the SE universe. Following "quests" or "orders" depending on what "career" your character is/history of the character the user creates.

I am having a massive brain storm right now about the idea, but I don't know if those in charge of SE/SF games have the monetary resources to turn the SE/SF universe into a mega monster like WarCraft has become.

I can easily see it becoming very popular world wide because of the general idea of...

There are people who love Science Fiction and those who love Fantasy.
WarCraft meets the disires/needs of those in love of Fantasy.

But there is nothing out there that is of that level of play/relm/world/experience that is WarCraft that would satisfy the lovers of Science Fiction. I beleive that SE/SF universe would be that equal to WoW (World of WarCraft) if elivated to that level. I would certainly be addicted. I think most of the gaming world would embrace it also since our real world is so close to space exploration.

It would be a great offset from the Fantasy online game scene as well as the online "shoot 'em up" games which seem to be the main stream of online gaming.

Just my thoughts of the moment.
pimple

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are far better MMOs than World of Warcraft, including science-fiction themed games. Heard of Eve Online?

Personally, I hope Malfador and SE never come within 1200 parsecs of the soul-crushing MMO world...

Smarter than your average Texrak.

pimple
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: nope Reply with quote

Nope never heard of it till now. I"m gonna look.
Like I said, I am new to the online gaming scene. Sad

Thx for the heads up!
pimple

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Starfury (SF) is an incredible game. It's even considered an older game now but offers a basic no-nonsense approach that makes it easy to play. Ease of modability make SF real fun as well. But, a new SF with multiplayer with more events to manipulate and effects and what not would really be fun to play too.

As far a s Eve online goes, try the free demo first before you buy. Eve is a real popular game but I personally didn't like the demo. It's not so much that the learning curve is high, but the ships looked kind of stupid and rusted out. Also with this MMO game as with most other major ones, there is a monthy fee. I have too many good games to play without having to make a recuring payment for something I don't really like...but to each his own.

Give some other older games such as Freelancer or Dark Star One a try first. Freelancer has multiplayer and Dark Star One does not. You can pick those up at Target for $10 each (price of a lunch at Quizno's) or you can spend some more and get a newer game ( that Fyron approves of ha!)or something else. Also Freelancer had a ton of mods made for that game to play. My suggestion is to read reviews and try out the demos before you buy anything especally in the $30 to $50 range or more.

Last edited by rstaats10 on Tue May 06, 2008 5:10 am; edited 2 times in total

pimple
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: thx Reply with quote

rstaats10

thx again. i will check into those games.
I did look at the Eve site and it seems impressive.
I will have to try the demo some other time though.
Too busy playing SF! LOL

pimple

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rstaats10 wrote:
...or you can spend some more and get Sins of A Solar Empire...

Erm... Sins is not a viable substitute for any of those other games. It is not a sci fi ship simulator/rpg, it is a strategy game. Not even in the same galaxy...

Smarter than your average Texrak.

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyron wrote:
rstaats10 wrote:
...or you can spend some more and get Sins of A Solar Empire...

Erm... Sins is not a viable substitute for any of those other games. It is not a sci fi ship simulator/rpg, it is a strategy game. Not even in the same galaxy...

That is true, point taken. My previous post is now corrected. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: