This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 64
· Members: 0
· Total: 64

Spaceempires.net :: Campeador's Multiverse Mod early announcement. :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Campeador's Multiverse Mod early announcement.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Campeador
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Campeador's Multiverse Mod early announcement. Reply with quote

Hi, I have been working on a new mod called “Multiverse”. Since things around here are kind of slow, I decided to show some candy!

Most of the ship sets that will be used on "Multiverse" you already know from the original ‘Star Fury’ game, and also the ‘Star Blazers Mod’, campaign 1 and 2.

This is the Star Blazers ‘Earth Defense Force’ (EDF) at relative scale, except the two fighters. The Argo is 266 m in length; the fighters at 17.4 m would be very hard to see if I kept them at a true scale. The clip includes two new ships, a new Destroyer and a Battlecruiser. If you do not know which, then you have not played the Star Blazers Mod yet. The images were put together from the actual game.

This is a ship comparison of the forces of Gamilon at relative scale to the Argo. (Except for the six fighters on the extreme center-right, not at scale). The Gamilon ships will be reuse on the "Multiverse" mod.

There will be over 24 new ships on the "Multiverse" mod. The Argo will not be consider a big ship any longer. "Captain Harlocks 'Arcadia' (400m in lenght)will have its own campaign (out of the 4 campaigns of "Multiverse"). Just one of many big surprisess.

Im realy behind schedule here, so I hope to finish all in 2-3 months from now.

Combat_Wombat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Smile

Co-Lead of the FrEee project an open-source Space Empires IV clone

Author of Invasion! for Space Empires IV

Campeador
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Multiverse Mod Reply with quote

The Multiverse Mod for "Space Empires: Star Fury" is out!

You can get it here:
Multiverse Campaing 1 V1.03 ( updated 02-18-08 )
Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond V1.03
http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/threads/download.php?Number=574870

Multiverse_Music-1
http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/threads/download.php?Number=569854

What is Space Empires: Star Fury?

--- Star Fury is a hybrid game; it is like an RPG / shooter in space. You start basically with a small space ship, as you do missions (trade, bounty hunt, etc.) you get credits to buy better ships, and as you do this a story also develops. You get experience, and the items on your ship also improve as the game progress (that is the RPG part). The combat part is excellent and in total 3d, and you only need to use the mouse to maneuver the ship, really easy.

What is Multiverse Mod?

--- Multiverse is a Mod created for the Space Empires: Star Fury game. The Multiverse Mods will be composing of at least six parts or campaigns.

What is Multiverse?

--- Multiverse is, as the name implies, a conglomeration of various universes, and in this first mod it is about the Star Blazers Universe and some of the races that composed the Star fury original game. In the second Multiverse Mod the player will discover new universes.

What is “Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond” about?

--- That is for you to find out but I can safely say that it is Star Blazers meets Star fury!

Is there any background to this mod?

--- Even thought the mod is independent from the previous “Star Blazers mod: The Quest for Iscandar (campaign 1 & 2)”, it would be helpful if the player try that mod first since the game play is very similar and that story serves as background for the Multiverse Mod.
Star Blazers: The Quest or Iscandar” Mod follows the original TV show series created by the master story teller and mechanical designer Leiji Matsumoto. Multiverse on the other hand was just put together by me with a little story to serves as glue for all the universes that the player will discover. My ability as a story teller is poor (this is my first try), but at least the action should keep the player entertain.

What is Star Blazers?

--- If you have never heard of Star Blazers it was a cartoon TV show, (japanimation) and the story is straightforward but with all the elements of a (space) soap opera. It came about 2 years before Star Wars. The story goes like this:

“In the year 2199, Earth was under severe attack from a mysterious planet Gamilon. Gamilon planet bombs covered the Earth with radioactive pollution, and as a result, in one-year time, Earth will be unlivable… But on the planet Iscandar there is a machine that can remove the radioactivity. A team of star blazers called the “Star Force” undertakes the perilous journey, but can the Star Force travels 148,000 light years and back in just one Earth year?”

What will be next?

- Multiverse_2-The_Fourth_Dimension (Released!)
- Multiverse_3-(cannot reveal the title at this point) 99% completed
- Multiverse_4-(cannot reveal the title at this point) 95% completed
- Multiverse_5-(cannot reveal the title at this point) 75% completed

Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond – Mod is composed of two major files:

1. Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond
a. Data folder
b. Images folder
c. Xfiles folder
(It also contains many '.txt' files)

2. Multiverse_Music-1
a. Music
b. Sounds

Installation:

1. Open the Star Fury original game folder where you installed the original game on your hard drive. There you will find a folder called "Campaigns". With the mouse drag (copy) the “Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond” and placed inside this "Campaigns" folder.

2. For the folder named “Multiverse_Music-1" you are going to find:
a. Music
b. Sounds
You are going to take the content of the Music folders (8 songs) and insert them inside the music folder of the original game, and the contents of the Sounds folder inside the Sounds folder of the original game.

NOTE: Multiverse-1 will only need the Multiverse_Music-1, wile Multiverse 2 and 3 will also require “Multiverse_Music-2”, all in due time.

General game play advice:
Read the manual, especially the part about the keyboard shortcuts, like if the game looks too dark you can use "L" to make it bright and "K" to darken it. "+" and "-" for game speed, etc. Have the game patch to 1.17.
REMEMBER: save the game often!!!

Last edited by Campeador on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:30 am; edited 3 times in total

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Mod Campeador!!! I just finished Multiverse Campaign 1 tonight. I was the last surviving ship as well. This Mod is fun and challenging. I completed it using no cheats either. The battles and your timing of the ships appearing is just incredible. Great story line as well. I applaud you and Thank You for a great Starfury mod. You have managed to breath "new life" back into Starfury. Guys reading this should definately check it out.

PS. I cant wait to play Multiverse Campaign 2.

Campeador
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Multiverse Campaign 2 Reply with quote

Multiverse Campaign 2 is out. Go to the 'Multiverse Mod' exclusive page on the 'Mod forums' folder section ( just bellow, well at the bottom) to get it!

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campeador, Great job with this mod. This is a lot of fun to play. I am not finished yet. I'm about 6 or 7 missions into it so far. I have not noticed any bugs myself aside from the occasional slow down when all the fighters battle. You have done an incredible job with this. All your mods are great though. The story line is just awesome. You continue to breath new life into Starfury and to be honest this Multiverse 1 and 2 surpass even the stock game in my opinion. Guys reading this should definately check it out. It's a lot of fun to play. I will post again when I have completed Multiverse 2. Thanks again for the great mod Campeador!!!

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work Campeador!!! I just finished Multiverse 2. This mod is just awesome: the battles, the storyline, everything! Your storyline/characters development, creative ships and weapons , and battles bring SF to a whole new level. I am impressed. Thanks again for providing the Mods. I can't wait for Multiverse 3. The suspense is there. Excellent job, Campeador!!! (You have created the best SF mods ever and exceeds the stock game too)

Campeador
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Multiverse 3 Reply with quote

Multiverse_3-Space_Pirate_Harlock

Multiverse Campaign 3 is out. Go to the 'Multiverse Mod' exclusive page on the 'Mod forums' folder section ( just bellow, well at the bottom) to get it!

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on Multiverse 3. Campeador! I just completed it. It was a lot of fun commanding the Arcadia. The Mod was a little more challenging than Multiverse 2. I particually enjoyed the last few battles. I enjoyed hacking the Illumidas fleets down. In the early battles, the Zentradi scouts proved to be most worthy opponents and the most difficult for me to take down. The Ram Nose for the Arcadia was cool (and usefull) too. This mod was flawless. I had no problems (errors) during the Mod. Thanks again for an awesome SF mod, Campeador!

tindrli
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy damn... seems like a whole new game"!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: