This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:23 pm Post subject: Bugs
Just came across the main Starfury campaigns and decided to write a list of all bugs I've found. Honestly, they're mostly minor and don't affect on gameplay really much.
1. Collision damage can be decreased/increased by time scaling
2. Access violation error when right-clicking on a component after activating MOVECOMPS cheat code when not in a spacedock
3. After activating STOP cheat code enemies still can fire with Point Defense Cannons
4. Fazrah Starbase in Atull system is orbiting wrong planet. In fact the Atull V is an industrial center and it is possibly a misprint that the starbase is orbiting uninhabited Atull VI
5. Similar thing in Campaign 1 when the mission is to destroy Mongol Clan starbase. Mission says that starbase is orbiting Eukrates III but actually it is Eukrates V
6. In Campaign 2 Mongol Clan Starbase is still in Eukrates, but it was destroyed in Campaign 1
7. After patching to 1.17 the music in spacedocks doesn't play in Campaign 3
8. Commodity Listings shows uninhabited systems (like Fedolo or Maelstrom) and even systems without spacedocks on planets (like Ukara, Huju, Lomad, etc.)
9. Xiati Satellites in Xolorot system near warp point to Tukris, which is Xiati system and there's no satellites in Tukris near warp point to Hesphaut, which is neutral.
10. Starfury-Track 19 in Dnobulus system. Seems it's a misprint and should be Starfury-Track 09
11. (Not sure there's a bug) Abbidan system seems to be an Abbidon homesystem, but the planet with starbase - Abbidan VI, which probably could be the Homeworld is just a Manufacturing center with usual population number.
12. Tachyon Sensors are useless, because there's no Cloaking Device
13. A bit strange that there's Quantum Reactors in Component.txt but enemy ships don't use them and spacedocks don't sell them
14. Player can't deal damage using Ionic Disperser, Weapon Disrupter, Ionic Pulse Missle (so weapons which don't deal damage to the Shields/Armor/Hull/Crew don't work (except Energy Dampener). Major bug, IMO)
Maybe there're even more.
Any thoughts how to deal with these issues? Or maybe someone knows more? Back to top
Another small bug:
15. Strange bluish illumination in Bartok system.
In the Maps_Bartok_Map.txt:
Star Ambient Color := 35, 35, 25
Star Diffuse Color := 100, 100, 200
Star Specular Color := 100, 100, 200
We can see that the last number (which indicates blue shade) is higher than two previous. In fact all systems with blue star have 100, 100, 200 (and 20, 20, 50 for the Star Ambient Color). But as you could know Bartok has an orange star.
How it should be? Here's some data from Maps_Polark_Map.txt (which has an orange star):
Star Ambient Color := 35, 30, 25
Star Diffuse Color := 150, 120, 100
Star Specular Color := 150, 120, 100
This is completely different. Actually, it's normal lighting for orange star systems.
Probably, that indicates that at first Bartok had a blue star. Then, system was completely changed, the star was replaced with orange one, planets and other stuff were removed and the nebulaes were added. As you could know, Starfury Map Generator can't generate nebulae or asteroid belt systems. And I'm pretty sure that the entire SF galaxy was generated randomly with that tool. Back to top
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
All logos and trademarks used on this site, all comments and stories posted for reading, all files hosted for download, and all art work hosted for viewing are property of their respective owners; all the rest copyright 2003-2010 Nolan Kelly.
Syndicate news: - Syndicate forums:
Page Generation: 0.16 Seconds